- Minas del Aguacate, natural waterfalls and swimming pools, 2023 update (1/8/2023) - Cliff jumping, natural swimming pools and natural water slides await at this amazing gem of nature. Just 30 minutes from Villa Serenidad in Atenas, Minas del Aguacate remains a treasure to behold.
- Why we chose Atenas, Costa Rica, Part 2 (1/1/2019) - This blog is part 2 in a series. Click here for the first part. As previously mentioned, we had to pass on moving forward with a place… Read more "Why we chose Atenas, Costa Rica, Part 2"
- Villa Serenidad is now an AirBnb SuperHost and Premier Partner on HomeAway & VRBO (8/20/2018) - Reserved for only the best hosts, we are proud to have achieved both Superhost status and Premeir Partner status on...
- Las Minas natural waterfalls and swimming pools (Minas del Aguacate) (9/9/2017) - Unbelievable natural beauty surrounds this slice of heaven 30 minutes from Villa Serenidad. Minas del Aguacate is a splendid site, in all it's natural form, to be enjoyed and revered.
- August 2017 Remodel Update (8/31/2017) - Our remodel is progressing extremely well. The builder and his crew have taken great care of our home..[more]
- The River Walk at Villa Serenidad (7/23/2017) - You'll come across a beautiful little waterfall. There are a number of small waterfalls along the river in this area. So peaceful and serene, we love it here. A great place to cool off on a hot sunny day.
- Villa Serenidad Remodel 2017 (7/9/2017) - Villa Serenidad sits on one of the most gorgeous pieces of land in Atenas. However, when we purchased the house we knew there were a number of improvements we wanted to do to. This blog is being written...[more]
- Where is Villa Serenidad? (7/4/2017) - Villa Serenidad is near the city of Atenas, in the canton of Atenas, in the province of Alajuela, about 18 miles (28 km) or 35 minutes from SJO airport in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- What’s with the name Villa Serenidad? (7/4/2017) - After spending a number of vacations in Atenas at various vacation rentals and spending a number of years looking for the perfect home, we found this gem. But why Villa Serenidad? Well, that one will take a little longer to explain.
- Why we chose Atenas, Costa Rica (6/30/2017) - We had to figure out if Atenas was the place for us. Would it be the most ideal place for a vacation home? How would we know? Could we find a better place somewhere else in the world?